Welcome to Buildings Are Cool!
Hey Folks! I'm Steve Ramos AIA, LEED AP. On this site I share lots of stories about what it's like to be an Architect in Charleston, South Carolina.
A few things you should know about me:
What I do:
- A senior associate and project architect at LS3P in Charleston where I have been since the spring of 2008.
- My main focus is commercial architecture. Hotels, multi-family housing and office buildings are the bulk of my work.
- Born in 1981 and raised for most of my life in La Plata, Maryland.
- Received my Masters of Architecture in 2006 from the University of Maryland. In 2004, received my Bachelor of Science in Architecture from the University of Maryland.
- First job out of grad school was working with Michael Graves and Associates in Princeton, New Jersey. Yeah, that Post-Modern guy.
- In 2012, I started an architectural book club and we are still going strong. Watch out Oprah!
- Have taken several improv comedy classes at Theatre 99. Watch out Fallonll!
- Dabble in portrait painting. Watch out Rembrandt!
These two round out the staff at Buildings Are Cool. That's my wife Danielle. She is the editor in chief of Buildings Are Cool. I don't think blogs are supposed to have editors, but she's really good at knowing whether it's correct to use to, too, or two. She is also in charge of tempering my archispeak. That other guy is our dog Buckminster Fuller Ramos. He's not very useful so we have named him as junior producer.